Padlist is a privately owned technology platform. The rental advertisements and related services accessed on Padlist.com or through its tools, applications or services (“Padlist.com”) are procured and provided by Padlist.
While you can use some functions of Padlist.com without being a registered user, certain activities (such as viewing property contact information and advertising a property) do require registration. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. In most cases, the information we hold about you is collected through Padlist.com, but we may also collect information from private-label, co-branded and affiliate websites or their tools, applications or services ("Other Sites"). Depending on the services used, we may collect and store the following personal information:
- contact information such as name, email address, address and telephone number;
- move-in date and demographic information such as gender, age, marital status, occupation, and other personal and lifestyle information (for example, if you respond to an optional survey request);
- additional information we may ask you to send or questions we may ask you to answer to verify your identity (such as your driver's license, credit card statement, and/or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address);
- information contained in "email notes and photos" submissions;
- logs, contact information and other information about the communications between Renters and Lessors using our communications tools (see Lead Response below);
- guest card information, lease terms, lease parties and other transactional information;
- information based on your interactions with Padlist or the Other Sites and their advertising, such as search information, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within Padlist.com or Other Sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and We may also collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request, including confirming emails related to Padlist services, reminders and transactions.
- Provide the ability to communicate with Renters and Lessors.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Customize your experience and otherwise measure and improve Padlist's services.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences. (If we use your personal information to market to you, you will be able to opt-out of such uses; see Email Preferences and About Cookies below.)
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- Measure consumer interest in our products and services.
- Help promote a safe service and detect and prevent error, fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activity.
- Enforce our agreements, terms, condition, and policies.
- Provide services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may share some or all of your personal information with:
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information, or about whom you are explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service. (The information we disclose in this way may be subject to those third parties' privacy policies.)
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, invoicing, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
5. Communications and Communication Tools
Padlist communicates with users, and facilitates communications between users, in a variety of ways.
Lead Response. We make tools available that facilitate communications between Renters and Lessors by phone or email. When these tools are used, we may collect certain information related to the communication, like contact logs, calling number, call duration, contents of the email communication, and (when notified during the call) call recordings.
We may share this information with Lessors so they can manage their communications with Renters.
Email-to-a-Friend. If you use our Email-to-a-Friend or other email tools, we do not permanently store the email address you give us or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Email preferences. We provide all users with the opportunity to opt out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us after setting up an account. To remove your contact information from Padlist lists and newsletters, simply edit your email preferences.
Email Notes and Photos. If you use our Email Notes and Photos to a Friend tool, your notes and/or photos will be displayed for your friend on Padlist.com and treated like other personal information you have provided. If your posting contains personal information, post only personal information for which you have authorization.
We or our service providers may place cookies or web beacons on your computer when you visit portions of Padlist.com. We use permanent cookies to provide personalized features, such as automatically logging you into your personalized home page and to deliver customized services, content, and advertising. We use session cookies, which are deleted when you log out of Padlist.com or browse to a different website, to monitor and improve the functionality and usability of our website. You can block our cookies by changing the settings on your browser (contact your ISP for help), but doing so may prevent us from delivering certain services to you.
7. Third Parties
Padlist.com has links to other websites that may collect personal information about you. Padlist.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
8. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
9. Account Protection.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Padlist.com password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Padlist.com and change your password.
Your information is stored on our servers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from Padlist. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the following address:
Attn: Privacy Officer
PO Box 79171
Charlotte, NC 28271